Leads and Business:
Are you looking to find, or capture leads for the future growth of your business? Well, what I’m about to share within this post, is probably the most important thing you”ll need to have in order to make that possible. You guessed it, a good lead capture page.
In this article, we will be discussing exactly what a lead capture page is, how it’s created, how to use it for promoting your business, and the consequences of having a good lead capture page, verse having a bad lead capture page. So let’s start with, what a lead capture page, actually is..
What is a Lead Capture Page?
A Lead Capture page, is a webpage that’s designed specifically for the purpose of collecting information from future prospects, who might potentially be interested in what you have to offer. These folks could potentially become your clients in the future. The purpose of collecting their information, is to send the potential customer, content of their particular interest, that could hopefully keep them interested, informed, and engaged about the services and/or products you have to offer. Which could more than likely lead them to doing business with you in the future.
A lead capture page, is also known as a, “landing page”. These landing, or lead capture pages are usually built with a single focused objective. To get your personal information. They’re built with a tight “Call to Action” (CTA) objective. For example, “sign up now, for more information”, is what the page might say. You then fill in a few quick details, and your pre-signed up!
How to make a brilliant lead capture page?
Making a good capture page, is very important for your business. The more leads your page attracts, the more growth your business will experience. Keep in mind, that without a good capture page, most of your users that enter your website won’t become a lead. There’s various reasons for this too, but one of main reason that keeps users from becoming a lead, is the beginning, improper structure, of your capture page. Usually, when a user enters a website, he/she is looking for a specific item, or some particular content.
If your capture page is unable to convey to the user how it can help, it means that you haven’t created a sufficient capture page. Therefore, the lead capture page should be very specific, and focused on telling the users that you can provide a solution to their problem. If you can do that well, you’ll be able to get lots of leads, resulting in a major increase in sales.
Moreover, a good lead capture page is simple to the point, and easy to navigate. There should be very little readable, captivating information on the front, that focuses on the problem you want to address. You can add other valuable information down the line. Also, avoid writing big paragraphs. Add very short sentences. Moreover, it is a good practice to add a short video about your product, or service, because many people prefer to learn visually.
Here’s some tips that’ll help you create an awesome lead capture page:
- Use headings, and keep them as descriptive as possible.
- Use captivating words to get user’s attention.
- Avoid placing interrupting ads, and don’t ask for too much information. You should be happy getting a name, and email address only.
- Add short videos.
- Add a picture of a familiar face, to gain people’s trust.
- Offer an incentive, or a trial period.
You can create a lead capture page for your website, either by hiring a developer, or by doing it yourself. There’s plenty of free, paid software, available for designing, and creating capture pages, that would work well in teaching you how to do so.
WordPress also provides certain plugins for creating capture pages. So, if your website is on WordPress (private hosting), creating a good capture page won’t be hard at all.
How to use a capture page for promoting your business?
Now that you have learned how to create a brilliant lead capture page, you may be wondering how to use these capture pages for promoting your product, or business. Well, there are several different ways to drive a large amount of traffic to your capture page.
- Start a blog: If you already don’t have one, create a compelling blog for your business. Then, place links on it, that would lead to your capture page. Share your blogs on social media networks, to attract a larger audience.
- Place ads: It’s a great way to drive traffic to your capture page. So if you can afford it, start placing ads on popular social media websites.
- Add links to other social media accounts: Add links to your capture page, blogs, your YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn accounts, to reach more potential leads.
- Add back links: Links that connect to your website, that are placed on other people’s websites, gives your site better rankings within the search engines. so try adding more back links for better ranking results. The higher your site’s rank, the more traffic you’ll receive.
Consequences of good and bad lead capture pages
As mentioned earlier, the ending goal of a lead capture page, is to get more sales by attracting more leads. A good capture page should be able to do that. However, they’re also other advantages you get, by making a good lead capture page. These benefits are as followed:
- It attracts the users, as they find the content they are looking for, quite upfront.
- It takes the users away from the other diversions, and presents your “call to action”, right in front of the potential lead.
- A good capture page, also helps you advertise your deals. You don’t need to create a separate page for advertising your deals. You can do all of that on your capture page.
- It will give you plenty of valuable user data, which is really important for business. It’s one of the most important aspects that help shape the model of a business.
A good lead capture page, has multiple advantages. In the same way a bad lead page, also has its negative consequences. Some of the most important negative consequences of creating a bad lead capture page, are listed below:
- If you have added uninteresting, irrelevant information to your capture page, no one will be willing to provide their email address, for further content.
- A bad capture page will affect your site in a negative way, because users will perceive your site as irrelevant, as it won’t be addressing their problem upfront.
- You will have a very low conversion rate, as it won’t be able to get user’s attention.
Having a lead capture page on your website, is a great thing. It will cause a considerable growth in your business, by attracting more leads. Therefore, create an amazing lead capture page for yourself, if you haven’t already yet.
Looking for legit work online, instead?
Do you have something to say, or add about your experience creating lead capture pages? Maybe some tips to add? If you do, please take the time and leave a comment at the bottom of this post. I would really appreciate it! Thanks again for reading my post, and good luck with your success online!
If you enjoyed reading this article, please don’t limit yourself. Feel free to learn “all about” a different marketing/money making strategy like: