HostGator, is one of the most popular web hosting companies these days, next to WordPress. Host Gator, was started by Brend Oxley, in 2002. This platform provides a bundle of web hosting services, at an affordable price. The company claims prime performance, with a lot of interesting features. Let’s review this web hosting platform, to see what it has to offer. We’ll also look into the pros, and con’s of using the HostGator software. Further more, we will see whether or not, HostGator should be used for WordPress, or not.
What is HostGator?
HostGator is a web hosting platform, that provides Shared, Resellers, VPS (Virtual Private Server), and Dedicated web hosting. It offers a wide range of services. If you have any links with website building, you can benefit from HostGator. It has plenty features that can help you build your website, and also drive traffic to it. The company has its offices in several countries, with headquarter in Houston Texas, and it is run by the Endurance International Group. The company was listed 21st among the fastest growing companies in the United States by Inc. Magazine in 2007.
When did it start?
HostGator was founded by Brent Oxley in 2002, when he was a student at Florida Atlantic University. Since then, the company has grown rapidly. By 2006, HostGator had over 200,000 registered domains. At first, the company was based in Florida. But as the company grew, it moved to a bigger building in Houston, Texas. Brent Oxley then sold HostGator to Endurance International Group, in 2012. However, it worked under the same name.
What are the popular features of HostGator?
HostGator, is a well-known company around the world. The company is applauded for its services in many areas including uptime, shared hosting, customer support, and hosting flexibility. HastGator offers numerous useful features. Some features are listed below.
- Good User Interface and cPanel: HostGator has an industry-level User Interface design. The platform offers a control panel through which you can manage your account easily.
- Unlimited Email Accounts: A professional email is important for your business. It makes your presence impactful. HostGator’s packages support unlimited email accounts.
- Free SSL Certificate: HostGator implements a free Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate, that keeps your account secure.
- Website Builder: The platform also provides a web builder, which is available at a small cost.
- Contact Delivery Network (CDN): A smooth, responsive website is a must for your business. HostGator provides a Content Delivery Network, to keep your website loading fast.
- Monthly Billing Options: One of the many good features of this platform, is that it offers flexible packages that cover both the small businesses, as well as the larger businesses.
- Easy Installation: It is very easy to install, and use the HostGator platform. Even if you are using a basic plan, you’ll have a one-click install option.
- Multiple support options: If you are facing any problems while using this platform, you can get support through various options, including an interactive live chat option.
What are the Pros and Cons of HostGator?
Hostgator boasts that it offers you all that you need to provide high-level services on your website. Let’s see what are the pros and cons of using this web hosting platform.
- Performance and uptime: HostGator is one of the most popular web hosting sites. It keeps thousands of servers running across the world, to ensure uninterrupted services. HostGator promises 99.9% uptime.
- Affordable Price: As compared to other popular web hosting platforms, HostGator provides you with web hosting services at a much more affordable price.
- Unlimited services: The Company sets no limits on bandwidth, disk space, and emails. This is one of HostGator’s biggest strengths.
- Security: The Company has taken several security measures to make sure that their services are uninterrupted, and users’ data is protected. There is a 24/7 monitoring of servers. Each package that you choose, comes with “Spam Assassin”. This is a powerful spam protection program, that keeps you safe from unwanted, malicious emails.
- Money Back Guarantee: HostGator packages come with a 45 day, money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the services, you can cancel it at any time. But it has to be within 45 days of you joining the program. You wouldn’t be asked any questions. Upon request, your money would be refunded back to you accordingly, and as soon as possible.
- Free Weebly site builder: With every package plan, you get Weebly site builder free of cost. So, if you have to build your website with Weebly, this will work great for you.
- Clean Energy Powered: HostGator uses renewable energy. A wind farm in Texas provides electricity to the company. For that reason, the company owns Green-e certified Renewable Energy Credits.
- Weekly Backups: HostGator provides the auto backup service to its users. On a random day in a week, all the previous backup data is overwritten by the new one. So, you will have to deal with the issues of weekly backups.
- Customer Response Time: As reported by some users, this web hosting site has a slow customer response time.
- Upsells Strategy: HostGator has partnerships with several companies. So when you sign up, you need to be careful about selecting services, as many of the services are pre-selected. Usually, users find these services pretty useful, but you need to make sure you really want these services for yourself.
Should people use HostGator for WordPress?
Hostgator provides a variety of options with prime performance, and it has it at an affordable price. Currently, these four types of hosting are available for WordPress: Cloud Hosting, Shared Hosting, Dedicated Hosting and VPS Hosting. It is especially good for affiliate marketers. HostGator uses ImpactRadius for affiliate programs, and it provides all the great plugins of WordPress.
It also gives an automatic transfer, and has quick loading times for WordPress hosting, which is very important for your website. So, if you are looking to host a WordPress website, HostGator will not disappoint you. The performance, security, and price of this platform make it a good choice for WordPress.
In conclusion, HostGator is a reliable web hosting program, that comes equipped with plenty of useful WordPress features. It has a lot of benefits, and a very few disadvantages. It comes at an affordable price, and has a 45 day money back guarantee. So try the popular HostGator yourself! You shouldn’t be disappointed..
Are you tired of looking for work online? Click here To Read My # 1 Recommendation!
Do you have something to say about HostGator? How about sharing some of your experiences with using the software? If you do, leave me a comment below. I would love to know what’s on your mind! Thanks for checking out my post, and good luck with your success!
If you enjoyed this post, please don’t limit yourself. Feel free to learn “all about” a different marketing/money making information like:
And Much More..