Name: Alorica at Home (Formerly West at Home)
Headquarters: Irvine, CA
Price #1: $30 – $35 Non-refundable Background Check
Price #2: PC Computer with Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10
Price #3: Compatible Headset
Price #4: Internet Connection
I can’t mention Alorica at Home without mentioning LiveOps (same kind of thing). Be sure to read more about LiveOps (another online customer service rep kind of job.)
Are you tired of searching for Online Customer Service Rep Jobs only to find they don’t pay when call volume is slow? This one is different, my friend. Hang tight.
The Formerly West at Home is Now Alorica At Home and it’s Legit
Getting an Alorica work from home job (formerly West At Home) is not a scam by any means. Especially when you start looking at who they do business with – the actual clients the agents themselves take calls for; clients such as Office Depot, Sears Home Repair, and Walgreens.
Back in 2015 the former West At Home completed the switch over to Alorica At Home. Alorica still offers the stay at home agents the same type of call-type agents as West At Home did. In fact, they offer employment to over 48,000 employees worldwide total with 5,000 of those employees being work-at-home agents.
Alorica Work From Home Jobs
There are many well-known Alorica clients at this 24/7 virtual call center. And Alorica has the platform it takes for the calls to be routed to your home for you to help answer customer questions or simply resolve a customer care based issue.
Let’s take a quick look at the client base
· H&R Block
· Home Shopping Network
· Office Depot
· Sears Home Repair
· Shop NBC
· Toys “R” Us
· Virgin Mobile
Alorica At Home Hiring Process
Have you got about 45 minutes? That’s how long it will take to fill out the application.
Right off the bat, you’ll want to apply online at Alorica at Home. Here, you will be able to identify if there is an at home position available in the state you live in. One thing to note is that it will cost anywhere between $30 to $35 for a background check. This is a common practice when applying for any online customer service rep job.
Here is the “step by step” on what to expect when applying for Alorica At Home
1. Job Fit Assessment to Determine Skill (Customer Service or Tech Support)
2. Behavioral Assessment
3. Automated Interview via Computer
4. Email Notification
5. If Hired – Background Check and Criminal History Paperwork
6. I9 Paperwork (Has to be Notarized)
The entire process is known to take up to 4 weeks (sometimes longer). You can check your application status on the home employment site.
Alorica At Home Reviews | Just Keeping it Real
1. A former 2017 work from home online employee stated that she was sick and tired of the pushy sales tactics she had to use to make a sale.
2. Another work at home employee says, “RUN, don’t walk!”
3. A representative working online at home from Canton, OH pleads for respect from the management of Alorica At Home.
4. A current employee working from home says that although it’s fun and there are different projects to consider, it’s super tough to get hours. And because of this, the question arose, “If I’m an employee and have to work a certain number of hours – how can I work if it’s tough to get the hours!”
5. Others say it’s great to still get paid minimum wage, even with slow call volume. CccBut when call volume is fast, that’s when you can make the most! It’s great!
6. Others don’t like the “swim on your own” training, although it is paid training.
7. A former at home employee from Austell, GA stated the hours available are drastically lower than what she needed. She says, DON’T choose the HALO project. Overall, she points out that they do pay you for your work and that they are legitimate.
8. Many agent hopefuls complain about it taking sometimes a couple of months to complete all the paperwork involved.
Alorica’s Work At Home Pay
The Alorica work at home salary is either your state’s hourly minimum wage (if call volume is slow) or .12 to .30 per talk minute; whichever is greater. You can make up to $9 or $10 hourly, they say.
· As an employee, you are given the opportunity to take part in health and dental insurance.
· As an employee, you are guaranteed minimum wage if the calls volume is slow.
· Your online training will be paid!
· Sometimes the hours are so scarce there isn’t even enough to make your 10-hour minimum.
Working At Home with Alorica
Is it for you? Maybe. Maybe not. This opportunity doesn’t strike my fancy. For one, I want to know the hours are there. And, unfortunately, a lot of people complain that the hours are scarce. On the other hand, they do pay regardless of call volume. That’s unheard of in this industry!
What about you? I dare you to give it a try: Alorica at Home.
Want A Better Start?
Don’t forget to Check out my #1 Recommendation!
Have something to add on or something you might want to say about Alorica At Home? Maybe something to add that could help us all out? If so, please take the time and leave your comment at the bottom. I would love to hear what you have to say! Thanks again for reading my post, and good luck with all your future growth and success!